We are a group of enthusiasts who try to create impact within and throughout the MBA journey. We strive to support growth and passion for entrepreneurship and enable access to entrepreneurial resources, network with community entrepreneurs, provide an environment that will trigger innovation and help cultivate and develop ideas for its members. To achieve this, we provide necessary resources to those who want to start ventures, networking opportunities within the start-up community, access to entrepreneurial UBC MBA alumni, mentorship opportunities, speakers, and connections to the strong Entrepreneurship team at UBC. We are dedicated to further understanding new businesses and start-up culture.
We have the following goals:
- To bring entrepreneurial souls with a common mindset in business together, through relationship building, networking and mentoring
- To support income-generating activities through talent development
- To help members turn their ideas and passions into businesses and develop future business leaders
- To instill self-confidence and bring out those who are willing to create value for people and planet through their ideas
- To provide a means through which members can access entrepreneurial resources, network with both local and international entrepreneurs
Contact Brendan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reboot Startup Weekend
Reboot Startup Weekend is our flagship event running in November (exact dates for 2018 will be announced). It is open to all MBA students and Masters of Engineering students at UBC.
Utilizing technologies developed at UBC science labs, teams will be presented with technological opportunities that have some IP rights but have not been commercialized. Over the course of the weekend, student teams consisting of up to 6 members will engage in business planning and prepare a presentation. Mentors help guide students along the way to develop their pitch for the judges. At the end of the weekend, each team will pitch their business to a panel of industry professionals and an audience of peers and invited guests. The judging panel will use a detailed scoring rubric and collaborate to decide on the winning teams. Winners get bragging rights and a cash prize!
For more information about Reboot check out: http://rebootstartupweekend.squarespace.com/
Present Yourself with Clarity Confidence and Impact Workshop (20/March/2018)
IE club held an event "Present Yourself with Clarity Confidence and Impact Workshop" during which the Communication Coach and Inner Fitness Trainer, Allan Knight, shared important tools to those entering the business world. The tools provided insights on various aspects:
1. Having the right mindset and confidence to enter the workforce.
2. Standing out of the competition.
3. Pitching ideas effectively.
Allan also shed light on his new book “Without Armor” which provides 9 key steps for relationship success in work and life.
The IE club is committed to bring industry professionals to address topics that matter to UBC students from various departments in order to help them through their life and work challenges.
Stay tuned for upcoming events.